The use of software tools in the software life cycle processes is increasing and the need for their qualification may be requested.
To understand the tool qualification criteria and the objectives to satisfy for qualification in the user context and to improve the software life cycle by optimizing the certification credit claimed are the main aspects of this training.
This training includes the different tool categories as defined in DO-178B/ED-12B and the change impact of DO-178C/ED-12C on tool qualification, as well as the application of the Tool Qualification Document (DO-330/ED-215).
- To understand the stakes of the tool qualification and the tool qualification criteria
- To know how to satisfy the tool qualification objectives
- To have the keys to optimize the software life cycle with qualified tools, as code generators
- Software project leader, Quality Responsible, Software team engineers
- Knowledge of DO-178/ED-12 and a first software development experience is recommended
The general training is typically scheduled on a single day
- Changes related to tool qualification between DO-178B/ED-12B and DO-178C/ED-12C
- How to apply DO-330/ED-215 in other domains
- Tool qualification criteria and tool qualification levels
- How to qualify a verification tool (Criteria 2 and 3)
- How to qualify a development tool (criteria 1)
- Certification credit of using a qualified code generator